Sunday, November 1, 2009

Week 9 - Thing 21

I do not have much experience with podcasts. I had never even listened to one before today. As The reading this week complimented this topic very well. I especially liked the ideas that Courtney gave for libraries to use podcasts. This technology is ideal for booktalks. I was able to locate several useful sites through the podcast directories that had booktalks for kids and teens. I may try to use these in my library to advertise some of the books that we have. I am going to become more familiar with the podcasts and choose some appropriate booktalks to play for my students. I added several booktalk sites to my RSS feeder. It was very easy to use and subscribe to.

Libraries can use podcasts for a variety of purposes. Storytelling can be done through this tool. Also, when a library has an author visit or a special artifact, a podcast can be used to make sure that all patrons are able to view or hear the event. I think that this is a technology that will continue to grow as time progresses. I was very glad to be able to learn about podcasting.

1 comment: