Sunday, November 1, 2009

Week 9 - Thing 23

I feel like I really learned a lot through this course. I am pretty good with technology, but I was able to take away new strategies that I can use in my classroom. I had never used podcasting or mash-ups before, so I was glad to learn about these new tools. Also, although I knew how to use blogs and wikis, I was able to find ways to implement these tools into my classroom.



My favorite exercises were using the mash-up tools. There are so many programs out there that range from useful to entertaining. New tools are constantly being added and librarians need to find ways to take advantage of these technologies. I learned how easy it is to use these tools and that almost any technology can be manipulated for a library purpose. I really want to start adding some of these tools into my library instruction.



As a librarian, it is important to be knowledgeable and available to help patrons navigate through the online world. This course has seriously assisted me in learning new strategies and techniques. I thought the course was well mapped out and was just the right length for a short course. I would recommend it to others and thought it was a great journey to complement this class.

No comments:

Post a Comment