Sunday, November 1, 2009

Week 9 - Thing 22

This site was pretty interesting. There are a ton of books available online. I found the search engine slightly hard to use. Also, I wish that this site provided a browsing tool or a subject search so that users could find information more easily. I had a hard time finding useful books. All in all, I think a site like this could be useful to libraries. Sites such as this can be used to compliment a libraries collection and provide patrons with easy access to other books outside of the collection.

I have been thinking about getting a Kindle or other reading device. I keep putting it off because I think that I like the feel of a book in my hand rather than holding an electronic device for hours. I enjoy turning the pages and smelling that new book smell. However, I also think that the Kindle looks neat. I have been getting most of my books from the local public library and from my school library, so I would not like having to pay for new books I wanted to read on the Kindle. Either way I think that e-books are going to be a part of the future of libraries and I am interested in learning more about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment