Sunday, November 1, 2009

Week 9 - Thing 20

I have used You Tube quite often in the past several years. I personally like to use it to watch music videos or to listen to songs that I want to hear. It is really easy to use and the videos load and play very quickly. I like the auto complete feature on the search bar because it leads to other videos that I may be interested in watching. I also like that it provides the viewer with links to other videos from the person that uploaded the video you are watching and it provides related videos that the viewer may be interested in. The discussion board can be helpful and interesting.

My biggest dislike is that there are so many videos on the site and most of them are homemade. This sometimes makes it difficult to find the right video because you have to sort through all of the junk videos. However, I know that most users like this site because it allows them to add their own videos, which is a plus from that point of view.

Libraries can use this site to provide their patrons with instructions. Many of the videos on this site can give useful information. For example: my boyfriend was trying to learn how to tie a tie. So, he found a video on YouTube that walked him through it. Librarians can lead patrons to this site for demonstrations and instructions that may be more useful than reading it in a book.

This is the link to the video I chose: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHiUQb5xg7A&feature=related It is a Dewey Decimal Rap that I just found and it is hilarious.

No comments:

Post a Comment