Sunday, October 25, 2009

Week 8 - Thing 19

Using Library Thing was really easy. I have been using a site called Good Reads to keep track of all the books that I have been reading for the past couple of years. Both of these sites provide the same features, but I think I like the appearance of Good Reads a bit better.

I was able to locate at least six books that would be appropriate for fourth grade students. These books give information on the Solar System and will be useful when the students are trying to locate data. It was interesting to read reviews that others wrote and to see how many people had these books on their lists. A few of my books had comments that other's made, so I could see what they liked and disliked about the books. One of my books had as many as 182 fans and one had as little as 3. I think it is neat to see which books are popular and which are not so popular.

Some of the features that I really like are the recommendations, being able to search other's tags, and the links that the site gives to purchase the books. The rating system also helps the user to see how well-liked or disliked a book may be. Library Thing seems like a user-friendly site that would be easy for students and teachers alike to use. I will definitely look into using this site in the future.

This is the link to my Library Thing catalog: http://www.librarything.com/catalog/wynkoop079

No comments:

Post a Comment