Sunday, October 25, 2009

Week 8 - Thing 18

When I set about making my account for Zoho Writer, the first thing I noticed was that it looked very similar to Microsoft Word. I made a list of books I wanted to read and used features such as underline, bold, numbering, save as, etc. At first, I didn't see why this would be beneficial to use over Microsoft Word, but once I thought about it, I realized that this would be useful since I use several computers during the day. Documents can be created and saved on Zoho Writer and then accessed from any computer. This is useful to me because the computers at my school do not work too well with thumb drives. For some reason, once a computer has read a thumb drive, it will only work with that one. This makes it hard to transfer documents back and forth from school to home. I am not sure if I will definitely use this site, but I can see it's benefits! I had a hard time trying to post in my blog from Zoho Writer, which was slightly disappointing. I will have to keep trying.

I also viewed the tutorial for Google Sites. This seems like a tool that could be useful in schools and libraries. It creates a common site that various members of a group can access and edit. I think that clubs and classes within schools can use this as a central meeting place. Libraries can use this to hold book club meetings, as a place for librarians to gather, etc. I definitely want to try to use this site. I am so glad that we are learning about all of these useful tools!

No comments:

Post a Comment