Friday, October 2, 2009

Week 5 - Thing 12

It was very easy to create an account of Rollyo and to create a searchroll. Since I started my job this year, I decided to try to create a lesson that I can possibly use in my library. I am going to teach a lesson related to famous children's authors. The lesson will probably require the fourth and fifth grade students to research one of their favorite authors and the author's books. The students will then create a presentation and poster which they will tell about in class. I decided to create a Rollyo of some favorite children's authors that the students may wish to use. It was very easy to add sites to the list and create the searchroll. Check out my children's authors searchroll at: http://rollyo.com/wynkoop079/childrens_authors I think that Rollyo has a definite place in a library or school setting. Teachers and librarians can create searchrolls on various topics. Students can then access the searchroll and go to teacher approved sites to research topics. I think that this is definitely something I will try to utilize in the future.

1 comment: