Sunday, September 13, 2009

Week 3 - Thing 6

Wow! I can't believe how many mashups there are that involve Flickr. I never would have thought of most of the things that are available. I tried to look through most of them and I could see how many of them would be useful. (I did like the librarian trading cards! I might have to get one made after me.) I chose two Flickr tools to blog about. One is a tool that I thought could be useful for the library and one tool was just hilarious and I felt the need to share.

The tool that I thought would be useful for libraries is the Color Fields Colr Pickr. This tool allows the user to pick any color from a color wheel. Various pictures in that color are then displayed. I thought this was really neat because the user does not have to have a certain topic in mind to find a picture. Projects that are being created can integrate photos based on the projects color scheme to make different posters, signs, etc. I really liked this tool and thought it was very creative.

The fun tool that I found was the Flickr Chia Pet. Using the tool, the user can add a photo of anything.. a pet, a person, a thing... etc. Then using the tool, this app will add green hair on the photo... making it look like a Chia pet. When I was reading about the many tools, this one made me laugh out loud. Can you imagine giving someone a picture of them as a Chia pet? Too funny...

I am going to have to look more at these mashups and their uses in libraries. I am interested in seeing what my classmates found as useful.

2 comments:

  1. That Chia Pet application sounds too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for finding the Chia Pet tool! I love it and will have to turn some of my friends into Chia Pets. Ch Ch Ch Chia!

    ReplyDelete