Sunday, September 20, 2009

Week 4 - Thing 9

It was really easy to fill up my reader with library related blogs. Since I signed up for Google Reader, I decided to use the search tool within Google Reader. I clicked on browse for stuff and used the search tools to locate blogs about libraries, children's books, and teaching. Each search produced a large number of results. I chose some of the blogs that I was interested in reading. I also went through some of the sites that were listed on the 23 things site. I found the awards site to be interesting. Blogs on any subject are very easy to find.

Now that I have been using the RSS reader, I suddenly started noticing how many sites have their own RSS feed. It is actually kind of amazing that I haven't looked into this tool before now. Subscribing to sites is very easy to do and I found most of the tools to be self explanatory. As I use sites in school and at work, I am going to be keeping my eye out for RSS feeds that can be useful in my career. I am so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment